IoT (Internet of Things)
Using Raspberry pi
About this course: Internet of Things, or IoT in short, is the idea of making devices and objects smarter by linking them to the internet.
This workshop introduces you to the amazing world of IoT and its fascinating applications. Using a Raspberry Pi computer and a DHT sensor, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
Course duration: 3 weeks
Created by: BrilliantArms, India
- 1.1 – Different Models of Raspberry Pi
- 1.2 – Why Raspberry Pi.
- 1.3 – Peripherals of Raspberry Pi.
- 1.4 – Applications of Raspberry Pi.
- 1.5 – Future of Micro Computing
- 2.1 – Different Operating Systems for Raspberry pi.
- 2.2 – Getting Started With NOOBS.
- 2.3 – Getting things ready for first use.
- 2.4 – NOOBS OS inside out.
- 2.5 – Booting for the First time.
- 3.1 – Diff B/w Microcontroller and Microprocessor
- 3.2 – Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- 3.3 – Architecture and Hardware specifications
- 3.4 – Introduction to ARM
- 3.5 – GPIOs
- 4.1 Introduction to python Programming
- 4.2 History and basic of python
- 4.3 First program on python
- 4.4 Led Blinking using python
- 5.1 Using a temperature sensor (DS18B20)
- 5.2 Using a PIR sensor
- 5.3 Using a temperature and PIR sensor together
- 5.4 Setting up and working with a web server to store data and run other applications
- 5.5 Using Python, PHP, and MySQL
- 5.6 Using Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) service with RPi